Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Siblings Part Four: Serena

It has been a while since I've profiled one of my siblings.  The reason is obvious - I know that you, my fans, don't really want to be bored with anything that is not me.  But you also know I'm a big believer in charity, and especially pet rescue.  So, while your odds of getting a creature as powerful and brilliant as me might not be great*, I hope this series will demonstrate that it is still worth adopting - other pets can still provide amusement.**

Today's entry is hard for me because when I think of this particular sibling I feel such sympathy for her.  Why?  Because, as you'll see below, she didn't inherit the great looks that the rest of the family shares.  But, no matter, my generosity toward her despite that just demonstrates my incredibly charitable nature.

I give you Serena.


I know that usually the first picture I post of my siblings is a portrait.  But Serena has the good sense to realize she's better off avoiding that type of pose - and for good reason:


As you can see, she's...a bit off.  I guess we just can't all be adorable.  So she often hides her face behind her equally unfortunate paw:


So fuzzy!  So small!  Pathetic.  To be honest, she's been a little off from the start.  When my lady adopted her - she wasn't yet a month old - you can see she had an disproportionately enormous head, which of course eliminated all chance of us finding her endearing:


With such a pitiable figure, my lady couldn't help but take pity on her, hard as she is to look at.


As you can see, things didn't improve at 5 weeks.  Perhaps part of this is due to her lifelong grass addiction - I can only assume she was born a grass baby, already addicted in utero:



As she got older, things got worse for her - her eyes crossed:


Clearly, any chance of her growing from ugly ducking to beautiful swan had proven a pipe dream.


There's simply no hope of the word "cute" or "beautiful" being used in the same sentence as her name.  (Notice I didn't use her name there so that it wasn't an internal contradiction.)  But don't despair - Serena - brave creature that she is - has made the best of her less-than-ideal circumstances.  She is an excellent soccer player, enjoys collecting sparkle balls, and is a great manicurist:


Of course, given my kind nature, I've always tried to be there for her when she feels down in the presence of my gorgeousness:


So, dear readers, fans and stalkers, meet Serena.


(I made that picture small so you wouldn't have to suffer through too much more looking at her.)

I promise to write about something happier and easier to look at next!

__________________________________
*  I'm being modest.  It isn't possible.
**  If not brilliant military strategy.

No comments: