Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Fond Goodbye


I know from me you've come to expect wit and wisdom.  But today, all I have is a bit of an ache in my heart.  A little more than a month ago, we had to say goodbye to the marvelous, perfect Mr. William.  He was beyond special - from New York street cat to loving companion and happy Southern California retiree.  I couldn't bring myself to write about it until now.  He was brave through it all - diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease, high blood pressure, major oral infections - and enjoyed life in a way that inspired us all to see the brighter side.  He was a retort to anyone who thought buying a bred pet was the way to go - the best ones, you see, find their way to you, their pedigree comprised of personality and perseverance.  He's missed all the time - even by me, a chihuahua.  RIP William the Bloody.



No comments: